8/3/18, Maine First Media Staff Report,
This is the Maine Headlines section of your weekly Maine Event.
This feature is for those of you who need your news on the go!
Here’s your quick take on some of the biggest recent stories in Maine Politics:
- Maine Democrat Rep. Dillon Bates has been accused of having relationships with minor girls while a music and drama teacher and coach at Maine Girls Academy. Rep. Bates denies the charges and is resisting calls for his resignation. When did Swamp Speaker Gideon, Rep.Erin Herbig and Rep. Jared Golden know about the allegations? MFM will have more in next week’s Maine Event.
- Democrat Congressional candidate Rep. Jared Golden wants to punish Mainers who don’t buy health insurance. The federal fine for not having healthcare coverage was removed in the Trump Tax Cuts. Now Golden wants to reinstate a penalty that can exceed $2,000 for low to middle-income families.
- $40,000 in out-of-state dark money is being dedicated to costing Rep. Bruce Poliquin his 2nd Congressional District seat. The Sixteen Thirty Fund out of D.C. has set up Mainers Against Health Care Cuts. It’s another Out-of-state ogranzation run by the radical Left looking to influence Maine elections in favor of Democrats.
- The Cook Political Report is rating the 2nd Congressional District matchup between Poliquin and Golden as a toss-up — and one of the House races that could decide control of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Gov. LePage said he might call for AG Janet Mills to resign while she runs for Gov. Mills has used the office for political gainst since announcing her Bid for the Blaine House.
- Disgraced former President, Barack Obama has endorsed three Maine State Senate candidates — Linda Sanborn, Louis Luchini and Loura Fortman.
- Energy Expert James LaBrecque is taking to task the lying, dying Fake News — and the AP in particular in this case — for their bias and inaccurate reporting on energy issues and Green Crony Corporatists. Worth a listen!
- Two of the most outspoken conservatives in Maine are doing a podcast! You can check out gubernatorial write-in candidate Aaron Chadbourne and House District 97 candidate Bev Beatty‘s pilot podcast Tough Love and Straight Talk by clicking here.
- PETA is protesting against Maine Lobster and the Maine Lobster Festival in particular. A nearly naked radical from Chicago posed as a dead lobster outside the Portland Jetport and encouraged people not to eat lobster. And the kicker…the unhinged Leftist did this in front of children!