6/7/18, Maine First Media Staff Report,
This is the Maine Headlines section of your weekly Maine Event.
This feature is for those of you who need your news on the go!
Here’s your quick take on some of the biggest recent stories in Maine Politics:
- A loyal Maine First Media reader attended a forum, “Ask a Muslim Anything,” held at the public library in Berwick. You can read his excellent write up on the event here.
- The three Democrats running in a primary to face Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R-CD2) recently had a “debate,” and all three agree government should run your health care and all three support Harboring Havens.
- EMILY’s List has endorsed Democrat gubernatorial candidate, Janet Mills and is spending $300,000 on the Bid for the Blaine House.
- Another Democrat candidate for Governor, Betsy Sweet, has earned 3/4’s of a million dollars the last year as a swamp lobbyist in Augusta.
- Many Maine students are not showing up for school. A new study shows more than 15% of Maine students are chronically absent from class.
- Flordia Democrat, Max Linn has been disqualified from the Republican Primary for the U.S. Senate seat in Maine due to mas fraud in the signature gathering process to gain him access to the ballot. However, the Linn team is still putting up signs and campaigning as if he were still a candidate.
- In fact, the Obama-supporting Linn is even illegally campaigning in Dover, New Hampshire. It’s not surprising the Florida Democrat Linn would spend his time and resources while running as a Maine candidate — in New Hampshire.
- Portland (Oregon) Antifa violently protested the annual Patriot Prayer. Antifa picked fights with the opposition, ganged up on victims and threw bottles and fireworks at officers. 4 people arrested. Remember, protesters in Rockland, Maine attempted to “hunt down” a conservative organization, simply for holding a meeting this past weekend.