4/26/18, Maine First Media Staff Report,
This is the Maine Headlines section of your weekly Maine Event.
This feature is for those of you who need your news on the go!
Here’s your quick take on some of the biggest recent stories in Maine Politics:
- A Massachusetts Judge Lowered the Bail and Freed the Suspected Killer of , Just Weeks Before the Murder.
- Gov. LePage Has Ordered Flags to Be Flown at Half Staff Starting immediately and Lasting for At Least 3 Days in Honor of Deputy Cole.
- Upward Movement in the LePage Administration, As 3 LePage Staff Members Receive Promotions, One to Chief Legal Council, Two as Special Policy Advisers.
- Maine SoS Matt Dunlop Has Ruled FL Democrat; Max Linn Should Be Removed From ME’s U.S. Senate GOP Primary Ballot. Linn’s Campaign Admitted to Committing Fraud While Gathering Signature. 258 Signature — Some From Dead People — Have Been Disqualified, Leaving Linn Short of the 2,000 Required Signatures. The Ruling is Not Final. A Judge WIll Decide if Linn Joins Sen. Eric Brakey on the Ballot.
- Speaking of Ballots, We Have Our First Sample of What the Ranked-Choice Voting Ballots Will Look Like for the June Primary. Interestingly, RCV is so complicated Maine.gov is working on an animated explainer video that is supposed to be coming soon. Of course, the purpose of RCV is to steal elections away from the will of Mainers.
- Democratic State House Candidate, Eryn Gilchrist is Calling Out the Lewiston Democrat Party for Unethical Fundraising Practices. The Party Used Gilchrist’s Name to Raise About $175,000 While Dragging the Name of Former Candidate Les Gibson Through the Mud. Gilchrist Says She Doesn’t Want the Money and that the Party Should Reform Their Fundraising Practices.
- Residents in the Town of Alna (Lincoln CO.) are Debating School Choice. There is a Petition to the School District, but Parties Are At Odds.
- A U.S. Customs Agent from Maine is Charged with Possessing Child Pornography. Hat Tip to MFM Reader Victoria Card for Bringing the Story to Our Attention.